MuSiC, ClAsS ReUnIoNs, BeSt FrIeNdS and MoRe
I love music. I love all kinds of music. If I put my playlist on "shuffle" it is all across the board...
As an example, here are the next 5 songs on my shuffle:
1. The Silent Nutcracker - Trans-Siberian Orchestra
2. California Love - 2Pac
3. Building a Mystery - Sarah McLachlan
4. Live for Today - Natalie Grant
5. Dear Agony - Breaking Benjamin
And one more for fun....
6. Turn Your Radio On - Statler Brothers
Music can take me back in time, and flood me with a thousand memories (good and bad).
My parents used to tell my teachers they should SING my lessons to me, and then I would retain all the information. I can still remember song lyrics from elementary school. I still know all 50 states in alphabetical order - thanks to a song in All County Chorus.
On extremely stressful days at work, I shut my door, turn my music up = and just block the outside world. Thankfully I have a job where I am awarded that option. I think sometimes the powers that be prefer we keep our doors shut anyway to keep the "chit chat" down.
..............................................................
I had my 20th class reunion this past weekend. It was a weekend of throwbacks and so much fun. My best friend and I even got ready together like old times and road together. It was a fairly small turnout but so much fun. My cheeks were killing me when I left from smiling and laughing so much. Unfortunately we had to cut it short, as the restaurant booked another party that night and did not bother to let us know until the morning of. So we stayed out in the parking lot for 30-45 minutes afterwards for more memories and laughs. What is a trip to Lynchburg with the BFF without a Starbucks run. So we decided to head to Barnes and Noble and watch people STUDY while drinking their coffee! Are college campus' that loud and distracting that you retreat to a public store for quiet? After about an hour or so there, we headed back to her house for a little girl talk and some "Girl Meets World". Not much has changed with our relationship over the years, we can have the best time doing the most random things, or nothing at all. I love that girl!
...........................................................
Christmas is right around the corner.... 8 weeks and 2 days - and with that brings a whole world of stress. It always works out in the end - but not without a TON of stress, migrains and an empty wallet. I saw a post last year, and it was brought up today too - how to be mindful of what your kids get from "Santa" for Christmas - so those less fortunate wonder why Santa brought this other kid so much more, etc. I have so many mixed feelings about this. I've started a new tradition with my kids - Santa only brings 3 presents to represent the three gifts from the wise men - but there are still more wrapped presents from mom. I am trying to keep Christ front and center on Christmas.
I recently went to one of those painting parties - and FELL IN LOVE. Not that I am an artist by ANY means, but I was so pleased with how it turned out and so proud of it. I could not wait to bring it to work and hang on my wall. I am hoping to be able to get together and go to another one.
Until next time....



Comments
Post a Comment