Toddlerhood and miscellaneous

So my very favorite (insert sarcasm) of toddlerhood has started.... "What's that?" "Who's that?" "What you doing" and "WHY?".  I know this is how they learn, but how do you explain to a toddler "WHY" you are clipping your nails or why you are sneezing?  Wonder how long this stage is going to last.

Also amazed at this new generation of toddlers.  Mine knows the difference between an iPod and an iPad, and knows how to work both.  Will turn them on, unlock them and find "HIS" apps.  I do still make sure we use the traditional learning apps, i.e. crayons, coloring books, pencil and paper, and he is just as happy with those.

Sunday night we celebrated our "Thanks for Christmas" dinner at church followed by the movie "Christmas with a capital C"... such an amazing night.  I have not heard the final head count, but I do know we were searching for extra tables and chairs to bring out, and still didn't have enough.  What a wonderful problem to have, and better yet, I heard no grumbling about it.  God is truly amazing.  I am so thankful to have him first and foremost in my life.  I know without Him, that I would have nothing.  I feel so sorry for those that don't know and accept him.

What's even sadder is those that claim to know and love Him, but their actions show otherwise.  Actions speak louder than words.  And those on Facebook that quote scripture and talk how much they love Him, but then turn around and either talk about getting "trashed" or cussing every other word or just plain ugliness spewed everywhere.  Don't get me wrong, I am FAAAAR from perfect... I am always a work in progress... But I try my best to produce good fruit for Him.  Is it easy, NO!!!!  I think we all just need to be extra-mindful of our words and actions.  And I realize it probably sounds like I am trying to stand on my own soap-box, trust me I am not....  I've made these same mistakes.

Have a truly BLESSED day everyone.  I'm off to put up all the boxes our decorations were in, so I can CLEAN and enjoy these beautiful decorations.  For a while anyway... the baby thinks the decorations are toys..... This is going to be a looooong Christmas season.

Comments

Popular Posts